The B-52 is a popular shot cocktail. Its striking appearance is down the careful layering of each of the three ingredients. The shot has an orange coffee taste with a smooth, creamy texture. Sometimes, the top layer of the drink is set alight, creating what is known as a “Flaming B-52”. It is important to ensure the shot glass is as full as possible so less of the glass is exposed to the flame which could cause it to shatter.
What you need to make the B-52
For the drink
- 20 ml Kahlúa (or coffee liqueur)
- 20 ml Baileys Irish Cream (or Irish cream)
- 20 ml Grand Marnier (or triple sec)
- Ice cubes
For the garnish
How to make
- Start by pouring the coffee liqueur into a shot glass.
- Using a spoon to cover the coffee liqueur, carefully layer the Irish cream on top.
- Repeat the previous step, but this time layering the cognac above the Irish cream
- Serve with a stirrer.