The Stinger cocktail is a lesser known, brandy-based drink. Made from just two ingredients, Cognac and crème de menthe (a mint liqueur), this drink is fairly strong when served straight in a cocktail glass. It can also be served “on the rocks” in an old fashioned glass if preferred.
What you need to make the Stinger
For the drink
- 50 ml Cognac (or brandy)
- 20 ml white crème de menthe (or mint liqueur)
- Ice cubes
How to make
- Add the mint leaves, sugar and lime juice into a collins glass and muddle.
- Pour in a splash of soda water and add cracked ice.
- Pour in the rum and top off with more soda water.
- Place the sprig of mint on top and add the lemon slice to the edge of the glass.
- Serve with a straw.