The Margarita is a popular cocktail made with tequila, triple sec and lime juice. The drink is sometimes served with salt on the rim of the iconic glass named after the drink, which is similar to the cocktail glass but steps in, creating a “well” at the bottom.
What you need to make the Margarita
For the drink
For the garnish
- Lime slice
How to make
- Use the lime slice to moisten the rim of a margarita glass.
- Place some salt on a plate and place the glass upside down in the salt, allowing it to stick to the rim.
- Add ice to a shaker and pour in the tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
- Pour the drink into the glass.
- Add the slice of lime to the edge of the glass to garnish.