The Margarita is a popular cocktail made with tequila, triple sec and lime juice. The drink is sometimes served with salt on the rim of the iconic glass named after the drink, which is similar to the cocktail glass but steps in, creating a “well” at the bottom.
Margarita can be served either on the rocks or frozen (blended). The ingredients remain the same.
What you need to make the Margarita
For the drink
For the garnish
- Lime slice
How to make
- Use the lime slice to moisten the rim of a margarita glass.
- Place some salt on a plate and place the glass upside down in the salt, allowing it to stick to the rim.
- On the Rocks – Add ice to a shaker and pour in the tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
Frozen – Add ice into a blender (Ice is added depending on how slushy you would like your drink) and pour in the tequila, triple sec and lime juice and blend.
- Pour the contents into the glass.
- Add the slice of lime to the edge of the glass to garnish.