The Lemon Drop Martini is a citrus variant of the classic vodka martini created by Norman Jay Hobday in the 1970s. The drink has a combination of sweet and sour flavours, which when properly prepared, will balance each other. Typically the Lemon Drop Martini is served straight-up in a cocktail glass, garnished with a sugar rim and a slice of lemon on the side.
What you need to make the Lemon Drop Martini
For the drink
- 25 ml vodka citron (or citrus vodka)
- 20 ml triple sec
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
For the garnish
- Lemon slice
How to make
- Rub the lemon slice around the edge of a cocktail glass and turn upside-down into a plate of sugar. The sugar should stick to the rim of the glass.
- Now fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the citrus vodka, triple sec and lemon juice.
- Give the drink a good shake, then strain into the cocktail glass.
- For the garnish, add a slice of lemon to the edge.