The Bramble is a cocktail made popular in the 1980s. Its ingredients of gin, lemon juice and crème de mûre (which is a blackberry liqueur) make this an excellent cocktail to be drunk in spring. The drink is served in an Old Fashioned glass and usually garnished with a blackberry and a slice of lemon.
What you need to make the Bramble
For the drink
- 40 ml gin
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml simple syrup
- 15 ml crème de mûre (or blackberry liqueur)
- Crushed ice
For the garnish
- 2 blackberries
- Lemon slice
How to make
- Fill an Old Fashioned glass with crushed ice.
- Add the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup and stir.
- Carefully pour over the blackberry liqueur in a circular motion to create a marbled effect.
- Garnish the drink with a couple of blackberries and a slice of lemon.